By Allan Watson
Read or Download An Illustrated Catalogue of the Neotropic Arctiinae Types in the United States National Museum (Lepidoptera: Arctiidae) Part II PDF
Best american studies books
'A spouse to American Studies' is a vital quantity that brings jointly voices and scholarship from around the spectrum of yankee experience.
• a set of twenty-two unique essays which supplies an remarkable creation to the "new" American reviews: a comparative, transnational, postcolonial and polylingual discipline
• Addresses numerous topics, from foundations and backgrounds to the sphere, to assorted theories of the “new” American stories, and matters from globalization and expertise to transnationalism and post-colonialism
• Explores the connection among American reviews and allied fields akin to Ethnic stories, Feminist, Queer and Latin American Studies
• Designed to impress dialogue and aid scholars and students in any respect degrees boost their very own ways to modern American reviews
Within the decade following the top of worldwide struggle I, the USA rose to its present seat because the prime global superpower matched through an rising cultural dominance that may come to symbolize the second one half the 20th century. American tradition within the Twenties is a fascinating account of the key cultural and highbrow traits that have been pivotal to the decade's characterization as "the jazz age.
The Washington Monument
The pyramid at the $1 bill
The cranium and Bones Society at Yale collage
Common American icons--or mystery symbols? From our founding fathers to our so much prestigious associations, this can be a kingdom outfitted on such mystery symbols, rites, and rituals. So fail to remember the textbook model of history--and embark on a desirable and terrific trip of America’s hidden prior.
This tell-all guide is your own advisor to the secret-laden humans, locations, and issues of our nice kingdom, together with:
Sign-filled nationwide treasures in museums from coast to coast
Ancient mysteries of our such a lot common towns, landmarks, and parks
Hotbeds of present Masonic, Kabbalistic, and Rosicrucian task
Freemason-planned structure of Boston, manhattan, Philadelphia, and Washington, D. C.
Covert golf equipment, societies, and institutions of the ultra-rich and powerful
From the U. S. Capitol in Washington, D. C. , to the Institute of Noetic Sciences in Petaluma, California, this booklet is all you must notice the real nature of the oldest republic on Earth--past, current, and destiny!
Edited by way of Michael E. Smith and Frances F. BerdanAnthropology and ArchaeologyThe prior 20 years have obvious an explosion of study on Postclassic Mesoamerican societies. during this bold new quantity, the editors and members search to give an entire photograph of the center and past due Postclassic interval (ca.
- Business Statistics of the United States, 2006
- American Entrepreneur: The Fascinating Stories of the People Who Defined Business in the United States
- American Style: Shaker, Mission & Country Projects (Custom Woodworking)
- Los Quimbayas: Reseña etno-histórica y arqueológica
- Strategies to reduce sodium intake in the United States
Additional info for An Illustrated Catalogue of the Neotropic Arctiinae Types in the United States National Museum (Lepidoptera: Arctiidae) Part II
Abdomen light yellow, with greyish brown spot laterally on each side of segments 2-7. A single male type (USNM 8612) from Maroni River, French Guiana, is designated in the original description. Holotype cf: "Collection Wm. Schaus, 60 m. up Maroni River; Type No. W. 1967; Arctiidae genitalia slide No. 5 mm. Head greyish yellow. Thorax greyish yellow; each tegula with central black spot. Forewing greyish yellow, with darker speckles, especially along veins. Hindwing light yellow; slightly translucent in and around cell.
Watson 1967; Arctiidae genitalia slide No. " Ecpantheria robusta Dognin PLATES 2/; tld-f Ecpantheria robusta Dognin, 1889b, p. 193. 0 mm. Dorsal surface of palp and front of head iridescent greenish blue and brown; ventral surface of palp and vertex of head yellowish white. Thorax markings iridescent bluish green and brown. Forewing yellowish white proximally, transparent distally except for costal area; markings dark brown—slightly iridescent, bluish green at base and along costa. Hindwing white anally, otherwise transparent; markings brown.
11. 5 mm. Front of head dark brown, vertex light brown. Thorax brown. Forewing yellow-brown basally and distal to postmedial fascia, costa brownish orange, otherwise brown; markings very dark brown. Hindwing orange, with yellowish brown cell-spot and fringe. Abdomen orange. Described from several males from localities in Colombia. A male from Alto de las Cruces and three males from San Antonio, all labeled "cotype," are paralectotypes. Lectotype tf: "Type No. , 1/10; Lectotype cf Palaeomolis metacauta Dognin By A.